Friday 26 August 2011

Maybelline dream matte mousse foundation review

Hey guys!
This is my review on the maybelline dream matte mousse foundation.
This foundation, at the time of it's release, was something of a break-through. It combines a full-coverage foundation with the matte, silky finish of a powder. It is quite a nice product in terms of the feel of it, as once applied it feels silky and is matte which as a sufferer of combination/oily skin, is always a good thing for me.




The colour of this foundation is now too pale for me, but when it was a match, the colour was ok. It suited my skin tone fairly well, but a close friend once told me I had a 'orange' streak all down my cheek when wearing this foundation, but I may not have rubbed it in well enough. The shade I have (020, cameo) is definitely yellow based, so beware if you don't like the yellow tint or have very rosy skin, as it does wash you out if you are going for a nude look on the lips and eyes. The mousse consistency takes a little getting used to, as it can 'clump' into balls when applying and fall off. I recommend taking a little piece (half of 5p coin, very thin) and doing your face piece by piece, remembering to blend into your neck too (Nobody wants a gross foundation line!). If you have dry skin, BEWARE of this product. It highlights dry skin very, very badly and it even dried my oily skin out  (I assume to ensure the matte finish) . I wouldn't recommend this product if you have dry skin or dry patches.

Overall, I would rate this product 3/5. It is okay, but I know of a lot of foundations that are better. The mousse consistency is nice once applied, but it is a pain to apply and the colour range is not very good. I think if maybelline did a dry skin formulation and also widened and tweaked the colour system, these foundations would be a hit. Meanwhile, I wouldn't purchase this again. I am sticking to the traditional liquid and powder routine!

Thanks for reading,
see you soon!
Vanillasand xx











No comments:

Post a Comment