Friday 23 December 2011

NOTD - Deborah Lipmann's razzle dazzle!

As I expect many of you will know, in the recent glossybox there was mini size of the Deborah Lipmann polish razzle dazzle. Not only did I actually squeal when I got this, I quickly took of my hour old polish and painted this on. And boy, am I glad I did.

In the bottle, this polish looks gorgeous. It looks like a vampy wine base, with lots and lots of raspberry glitter. The Lipmann polishes are most famous for the glitter ones, and this really lives up to the good name.  It photographs well in the bottle too, but not so well on the nail. In real life however, it is much more spectacular and 'interesting' than it seems here.






This photo is a little so-so. It doesn't show it as pretty as I'd like it too, but the pointer (index?) finger is most accurate. It is a very dark base, almost so dark you don't notice the glitter until your in the light and then the glitter will shine and you'll finally notice it. I like that glossybox decided to include this as it's more unusual and deeper then the generic glitters. This photo is with flash in dim(ish) lighting.




This photo is without flash. You can see it's not as shimmery as it looks above. It is a very pretty polish, and I'm contemplating wearing this on Christmas instead of China Glaze's ring in the red (http://vanillasand01.blogspot.com/2011/11/notd-china-glaze-ring-in-red.html my blog post about it) but I'm not sure yet!




As always, thank you so much for reading and all your comments.
Would you wear this, or did you receive it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment