Sunday 15 January 2012

M.A.C Media lipstick -swatched

So, I finally stopped off at mac. The closest mac counter to me is around 30 miles away, so I only visit if I'm staying with a friend in that area.
I've been lusting after quite a few lipsticks from MAC lately, namely creme cup, angel, party parrot and plumful. Only the mac stores have the Iris Apfel collection, so party parrot was off the list. Creme cup was pretty but a bit similar to the plink! I already have. I didn't actually find angel, so I was left with plumful. Honestly, it is such a beautiful colour. So, there I was in the store all ready to ask for plumful, when I saw media.

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect colour. Now, it looks scary here I know. I'm 14, so dark colours are a bit of a no-go at my age. However, I saw 'fashionrocksmysocks' on YouTube with her smoked purple lipstick, and have been wanting a dark lipstick ever since. I mean, who cares what others think!







I swatched it on my hand, and as you can see it's a purple-burgundy colour. It looks pretty dry in the photo, but it's actually a satin finish and dries to a sort of silky texture. It's very flattering on the lips, and you can use it in a variety of ways. You could take a tiny bit on your fingertip and dab it on lightly to create a subtle stain. You could apply one dab from the tube in the middle of your lips and blend out. Or, you could go all out and apply straight from the tube. That's what I did.

Excuse the non-smiling photo, I was trying to capture the lipstick on it's own and not detract from it. But as you can see, it's really not as scary as in the tube although you could certainly build it up to be. It isn't drying at all, and I applied a gloss over the top to see if it would bleed everywhere. It didn't go anywhere and stayed put even after I blotted the gloss off. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone looking for a more bold colour without looking 'goth', although I do admire anyone with the confidence to pull off the goth look.

Would you wear this colour?
What's your favourite lipstick colour?
Thankyou for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment