Sunday 11 March 2012

Sleek blush by 3 - lace

Hello lovelies.

The usual sleek packaging. 
L - R: Chantilly, Guipure, Crochet.
So today I went to superdrug, and as I walked past the sleek stand I saw they had the blush by 3's. I have seen the blog posts about these 'blush by 3's' and I knew that lace was the most hard to come by, and it was also my favourite. I also really liked sugar and pumpkin, but I thought I'd get the most wear out of the lace.

It contains 3 shades, and all together they have 20g of product. It contains 2 matte shades - Crochet and Chantilly, and 1 shimmer - Guipure. It also comes in a nice 'sleek' compact (get the joke?) and has a very nice mirror. I wish I could have got more of these palettes!

Left: Very heavy swatch, Right: Blended




My favourite from the palette is Crochet. I would describe it as a bright, warm toned pink. I'm rubbish at describing colours though, so the photo is probably a better representation. It is amazingly pigmented and blends like butter. I am not sure if it is from the regular sleek blush line, but I looked online and could not find a similar match.




Left: Heavy swatch, Right: Blended



Next is Chantilly. It is a peachy orange. It looks a little scary, for me anyway, and I was unsure, but once blended is such a pretty colour. It's great as well because when you have acne like me, pink blushes can be a disaster and make acne look worse. With colours like this they just give the look of a nice flush instead of mild skin failure.





Lastly is Guipure. This is rose gold from the regular line, and also probably the most famous Nars Orgasm dupe out there. It is a rose colour with gold sparkles, as suggested by the name. It is so smooth and buttery, but I am just not a huge fan of shimmer. I would go light with this one though as it is so pigmented, but again once blended looks amazing. If I had known that this colour was rose gold, I probably would have went for  the sugar palette as I already own this. Doesn't hurt to have a spare in palette form I suppose! It's quite hard to capture a photo, but it's a little more shimmery in sunlight than shown here.

Overall, I am very pleased with this palette and am hoping to buy more! It retails for £10 from superdrug and stockists of Sleek.

Do you own any of the palettes?
What's your favourite blush?

Thankyou for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Really want to try this, cute blog xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou :) I would definitely recommend it xx

    ReplyDelete