Wednesday 15 August 2012

MAC Hue lipstick - swatches and review.

Hello lovelies.


Today I have a brand-new (to me!) lipstick from MAC, Hue. It's quite well documented in the beauty world, but here is just my tuppence. 


It's a glaze finish, which means it's very sheer and adds just a hint of colour. I haven't ever tried another glaze lipstick from mac, but this is very moisturising and lightweight. 


I would describe hue as a light pink with beige undertones. It is definitely a more natural colour, although on my lips it is a tiny bit too pale to be a 'nude'. I would wear this when I have a more extravagant eye, and want a pale colour that wont clash or detract from it. 


You can see from this swatch on my hand it's very sheer and natural. It doesn't really show until it's on your lips.


Here it is on my lips, please excuse the general smile and squintiness; my eyes and the sun don't get on. It reminds me a tiny bit of plink from MAC.  Normally my lips are a quite pigmented reddy-pink, so this did cover quite well.

Overall, I really like this lipstick and would re-purchase. The texture and finish are both fantastic! Hue cost me £9 from my local CCO (they do exist in the UK!) but it retails for £14 on the MAC website. 


Thankyou for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment